Kirtsy it up!

I met blogging celebrities.

I went to the Houston Kirtsy Takes a Bow Book signing. The Kirtsy book features a number of my favorite bloggers as authors and contributors. These ladies have given me so many laughs, stories, ideas, and beautiful images over the past several years, I figured it was the least I could do to support them. The ever lovely Laura Mayes was there. If you ever have a chance to meet her in person, take it. She is lovely, really and so stylish and sweet. Also, her little boy is a hoot (and is one of my M’s favorite people). Karen, the blogger responsible for bringing me into the blog world those many years ago was there with Marcus and she remembered me! (The last time I saw her was probably 3 years ago). Karen is just great, really. Gracious, warm, genuine. I also met one of my very favorite bloggers, Jenny from the Blogess. She was so quiet I almost didn’t believe it was her. I felt like such a fan girl. And, she was wearing one of her trademark wigs. I met new bloggers like Lauren from the Mc, she was almost as awe-struck as I was. Again, just a lovely, lovely person and a pleasure to meet her.

The energy was so warm. Kirtsy is such an empowering story of women and connections and pure creativity. It was a pleasure to be there. The event also pushed me to finally start a blog. I hope I have enough to say and maybe one day one of my posts will even show up on Kirtsy?

It was a good warm-up for Saturday when I am taking my Pioneer Woman Cookbook to get signed by Ree! I can hardly wait. I hope to be able to tell her how great her site is and then I love her stories and pictures. Or, I might chicken out…maybe I will bring cupcakes, that way if I make a fool out of myself, I will have chocolate to back me up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you think.