A Real Valentine's Day

I received the following e-mail exhange last week and for the first time since startingthis blog, I told my husband "You know I'm blogging this, right?" If your February 14th wasn't all you imagined, take comfort in knowing that this did not happen to you-TWICE!

Email from mutual friend:
Hey, I was at the card shop earlier this week and had this weird panic moment that I might be looking at a card I had gotten before. Did we know someone who did that or was that just a bad sitcom move?

Husband's response:
Subject: Re: Valentines Card Question
Umm before the wife answers. I have, not once but twice given the Mrs. a card she received the previous year. She thinks it’s a big deal, I told her it’s one of my little quirks and it’s endearing. For the record however, please avoid doing so.

Another "helpful" friend chimed in with this email response:
You know, of course, that if you get her the same card THREE years in a row it shows you really care because now its a sentimental tradition.

Note: I actually have received the same card 2 years in a row for our anniversary and (I believe) my birthday. He did manage to get me a new card this year.

Has this happened to anyone else? Do you have a similar story we can all laugh and cry through? God love my husband, Hallmark is not his favorite place!

1 comment:

  1. Too funny....we don't do cards in my house but there have been a few times where my mom and one of my sisters gave me the exact same card on my birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you think.