And My Awards Go To...the Best Dressed ladies

I may have mentioned before, but I love awards season. It's like playing dress up all over again. Now that my girls are 3 and 5 (and love dress up and all things fancy), we love watching the awards shows. So, our family sat down last night and watched most of the Oscars. I've included our favorite few dresses. I haven't included any of the worst because those were painfully obvious, weren't they?


*All images Getty via New York Mag



Jason Merritt
Vera Farmiga. Gorgeous in Marchesa. I love this dress. It was the perfect blend of interesting and classic. So many other actresses wanted their dress to make a statement like this one, but instead theirs said "I am a big pouffy, fruoffy mess."
Alberto E. Rodriguez
Gorgeous. Meryl Streep is really the Queen of Hollywood, isn't she? This is a perfect classy dress. The dress is simple and just lovely. And, (Bonus) it was designed by former Project Runway contestant Chris March. Well done.

Alberto E. Rodriguez
Sandra Bullock looking every bit a movie star here. I can't imagine it was easy to walk in, but it was gorgeous. She really pulled it off. Incidentally, this was my girls' favorite dress because she looked like a mermaid!
Alberto E. Rodriguez
Queen Latifah looked awesome in this lilac dress. Again, a simple silhouette that really played on her figure with one effective jeweled detail. Less is more and it definitely worked for her.
Alberto E. Rodriguez
I haven't seen Cameron Diaz look so good in years. I surprised myself by really liking her in this dress and loving her overall look. Finally we get to see that she really is a pretty woman and can look very polished. Well played, Cameron. She was my daughters' second favorite since she looked like a princess.

Alberto E. Rodriguez

Including Kristen Stewart in my "Best Dressed" post is my biggest surprise. I do not get her as an actress and she generally looks so distressed, dirty, and grungy. I have to give her credit, she actually smiled last night (not in this picture though) and she chose the right night to look like a million bucks. Well done Kristen. Please take note and dress like this (well, maybe not exactly like this) from here on out. At least smile once in awhile.

I came close to including Penelope Cruz, Jane Seymour, and Maggie Gyllenhall. Did I leave your favorite out? Anything grab you?

3 comments:

  1. We didn't watch (I know, I know... I should turn in my "girl" card for admitting that) but that first fuchsia gown is AMAZING. Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We may disagree about Vera, but I totally agree with your description of Kristen Stewart. And yes, Cameron Diaz looked lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you think.