Love Thursday- Ah, Romance

Today's post describes my relationship with my husband perfectly. I hope it makes you smile.

My husband and I have been together for over 11 years. He’s all sports, hunting, power tools, and dirty laundry. Imagine my surprise when he called about a week before we left on vacation and asked whether I wanted to use any of the spa services. Not one to turn down a massage, I immediately agreed to a couples massage. I have to admit that in 11 years, I don't think I'd ever seen him in a robe. That alone was well worth it. After filling out the information form, we were separated to change into robes. After I changed, my masseuse told me it was going to take a while since my husband has decided to take a shower. What?! Apparently he got very confused when he saw the robe and shower and panicked. "Should I take a shower? I don't know, am I supposed to take a shower?" So he took a shower. How hilarious! Maybe not, maybe everybody else takes showers before a massage?


By the time he came into the massage room (overlooking the ocean-awesome), I was in near hysterics just thinking about his internal thinking-"What do I do? Well, there are showers and stuff, I guess I should…" When the masseuses left to allow us get on the massage tables, he was again confused. "What’s with the sheet?" You put it over you so they don’t see anything. They’ll roll it up and down. Throughout my entire massage I was just laughing thinking of him getting all anxious about the massage. It was the funniest massage I have ever had. I think I'm probably the only person who has giggled through a couples massage. He ended up really liking the massage, but has told me that will probably be his last massage for quite some time.

That’s us as a couple. We have the most romantic setting- a private couples massage in Mexico, overlooking the ocean and I am cracking up because of the showers and imagining his internal dialogue. I hope your Love Thursday is full of laughter or romance, or best of all-both.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute story! We did a few couples massages in Denver before Naya was born and really enjoyed it. Fuz was always uncomfortable with all of it even though he enjoyed the actual massage. I never enjoyed it as much as I do alone because I was so worried about him the whole time.

    Can't wait to hear all about your trip and hopefully see pictures this weekend!
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does the song "I'm still a guy" (by Brad Pasisley) come to mind?....
    Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm jealous--I need a vacation!

    AMC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you think.