An Ocean View

I might have mentioned once or twice (or 100 if you follow me on Twitter!) that I just got back from an amazing vacation to Ixtapa, Mexico. We only stayed for 4 days, but every minute was a-m-a-z-i-n-g. I have enough pictures and stories to keep this blog going for years. Since that might get a tad boring for you, I'll try to keep in down to a few posts and select photos. Today I wanted to focus on a few sea views.
My husband and I LOVE vacationing in Mexico. From Houston, we can reach our destination within a couple of hours, the people are so warm and generous, the food is great, the costs are relatively low, there are plenty of activities, and the views are outstanding. This time we returned to Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo (where we honeymooned 9 years ago), so this vacation was quite special. The trip was made more special by being able to stay at one of the world's finest hotels, Capella Ixtapa. Oh my! We won the trip package during a charity auction last year and were not disappointed.
The view from our room's patio. I KNOW-amazing!
One of the hotel's infinity pools, where we spent a couple of lazy afternoons.
The Pacific coast of Mexico is known for rocky cliffs and strong currents. So, we didn't spend a lot of time on the beach. Last time we stayed in Ixtapa, I completely lost it during a huge wave and lost my sunglasses, etc. So, I only dipped my feet in this time. But, the hotel's beach view was still very pretty.
The obligatory feet and pool/ocean view.

3 comments:

  1. I have never been there but I think I might have to put it on my list of places to visit! That view is sensational!

    Best wishes and happy week,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW- it looks amazing. Glad you had fun and can't wait to hear the stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you ever summon the willpower to leave?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you think.