Picturing My Motherhood Story

I recently read a post from Gabrielle at DesignMom and was inspired. I thought it was a great idea to try to tell my motherhood story in photos. This weekend I made an effort to take a moment and take a few pictures of our story.
There was playdough.
And painting (I taught Em how to paint dots with the end of her paintbrush; she loved it).
Playing with make-up. The girls love to play in their make-up while I put on mine. And, of course, playgrounds.
I want to teach my children the importance of creativity, imagination, and expression. I want to create an environment where my children are encouraged to be children. I want them to have fun, to learn, to grow, to hang upside down. That's part of my motherhood story.
Not pictured-the swimming, jumping, and sno-cone eating we did. What a weekend! We managed to squeeze in meeting the indomitable Pam and her amazing family. She's done a great write-up, as you'd expect. I'll have to think of how to do justice to that post; it was such a fun time! It also amazes me how consistently awesome bloggers are in real life. We are a cool bunch.

2 comments:

  1. It all looks fab - I once let my neice paint IN my kitchen... she must have misheard me because she simply painted my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're always doing great, creative things with your kiddos! Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend. Pam's pictures were great.

    PS- it was so nice to see E at school this am...an easy transition into summer camp for sure.
    T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you think.