This weekend, in the middle of planning a handmade birthday party for M, going out of town for five days on business, then three to four days on a mini vacation, I decided to paint the girls' room. Not one of my best ideas. Thankfully I conned my friend Heidi into helping me; Heidi is a whiz at cutting in-ridiculously fast. Painting the girls' room was one of those paint projects that you think will take 4 hours TOPS. Well...we started painting around 10:30am Saturday, I stopped at 10PM. Actually, I finished touch ups Sunday around 11am, almost exactly 24 hours later. FUN TIMES. In my defense, we are expecting delivery of bunk beds for the girls any day so I wanted the painting completed before the new furniture is assembled.
1) The adorable bird mural I painted years ago WAS cute.2) It would have been cuter if I could have painted over it without it bleeding through.
3) I don't care if everyone else thinks they are going out of style, wall vinyl decals are my new best friend. I am never, repeat this, never painting a mural again.
5) PRIMER, for the love of God, woman buy PRIMER.
6) Four coats is really not any fun. At all.7) Read the paint can before you paint- Note: Primer recommended for this paint. Noticed that little tid bit when I opened the second can of paint for coat number three.
8) Thank God for my husband who watched four kids so Heidi and I could paint...I might have thought about hurting him later when he said, "Hmm, that looks...kind of...yellow." (It's orange).*Pictures as soon as possible, it took awhile to load these since I'm still figuring out how to use the editing software.
9) Next time, I am saving my money and getting our contractor to paint a bunch of rooms all at once. Seriously-gah-augh-ouch.