Good-Bye December

I usually love December. Christmas is my favorite time of the year, even more so now that we have children. I love all our traditions, the lights, the songs, the anticipation. This year, I felt a bit off. I was just getting in the groove when the terrible tragedy occurred in Newtown. I couldn't think. Not for days. I couldn't process it. I'm not going to write about the tragedy because I still can't form all my thoughts. I don't have words for the pain and anguish those parents and families are going through, the trauma the survivors will face...it's too much. Many others have written more eloquently than I could. I tried keeping things normal for my kids (they still don't know, just that we've been praying for families in Connecticut who need our prayers), but I know they'll never be normal again.

We had a typical crazy, fun, busy Christmas season. We had another American Girl explosion and are capping off December with a short trip to our Property. I've already had to clean up squirrel poop from a squirrel who was apparently pooping his little pea brain out as he tried getting out of the cabin. I hate squirrels. On the upside, no mice. hooray. Sigh.

So, Good-bye December and take your pooping squirrels with you.


3 comments:

  1. I love that you are always so 'real'.
    I'm just popping in to wish you a Happy New Year ~ Only good things in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pooping Squirrel has got be code for one of your husband's friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, friend! Here's to less pooping squirrels in 2013!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you think.