Unprepared

I didn't want to write this post.

My friend died today. Even though she had a terminal illness, I really thought she'd keep beating the odds. I honestly thought we'd get a miracle and was pissed when I realized we wouldn't. There is more to be said about Rachel and the lessons I've learned in the past few days. But, I honestly just can't. My heart hurts for her husband and their families. And, us.



This is my friend Rachel, and she was awesome. See?-here and here; awesome. She will be missed every day by many people. I wish you could have met her.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss, sweetie. I wish I could've met her, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very sorry. I too think just once, just once, someone is going to have the Hail Mary Pass or miracle we all hear about.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you think.